Character Design … that went horrifically wrong

Another University assignment, Character Design, run by Dreamworks. Got a bit sad about this project because I was so excited about it, and I was ready to work so hard to make the lady from Dreamworks like my artwork, and during feedback sessions I got confused with what she was asking from me and produced the drawing below. We weren’t suppose to do shaded characters, my first mistake from misunderstanding her desire for “realistic” drawings, and she said my composition was very confusing and that it didn’t look like one collective final design, which I would agree with. I had created this character profile that she was this vulnerable teenage girl who had been propelled into the music industry by her parents, the character was a Galactic Rockstar. However a week ago I was told she wasn’t Rockstar enough, and was too delicate, so I had to change my design. I was however quite proud of what I produced before I had to change it and didn’t want it to go to waste, so I’m posting it here. I hope you guys like it at least, but I learnt some valuable, but harsh, lessons from this assignment.

iburton

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s